(1) The APA SPECIAL Double-Play Rule can only be used once during a team match … and only when a team has no player available to put up under the APA CONTINUOUS PLAY POLICY. When a team envokes the Double-Play Rule, that match becomes the LAST match of the night ... and any and all remaining matches are FORFEITED. Note, the last match may not necessarily be Match # 5. A team may DOUBLE-PLAY in the 4th match if they only have three players present and available to play. They would then FORFEIT the 5th match. Teams may not invoke the Double-Play rule if a team has five players present that would allow them to field a legal line-up and comply with the 23-Rule.
(2) The skill level of the player chosen to Double-Play cannot exceed a SL-5 … NO SENIOR LEVEL PLAYERS (SL 6-9) are allowed to DOUBLE-PLAY.
(3) Only players with at least “20” LIFE-TIME MATCHES PLAYED are allowed to DOUBLE-PLAY! (Refer to TMP on your Weekly Rosters).
(4) Teams must still comply with the “23-Rule”... using the skill levels of the players who actually shoot, along with eligible players listed on their team roster.
(5) This NEW Double-Play Rule can only be used in our 8-Ball and 9-Ball Divisions, not in any other formats.